Today, we released myWebLog version 2 (release candidate 1). This project has been roughly 8 months in the making, replacing the 6-year-old v1 with a completely new application.
v2 supports all of the things v1 supported - revisions, prior permalink redirection, etc. - as well as posts and pages written in Markdown, podcast generation, uploads, and administrative actions, all from within the application. Additionally, it supports both RethinkDB and SQLite for its data storage; using the latter, it will run without any further configuration.
There is a lot to be said about it, and most of it is in the documentation; take a look at it. There are a good many features you would expect, and some that you may not; I'll include a few highlights here.
- Existing support for several Podcasting 2.0 elements, with plans to incorporate even more
- Theming via a collection of Liquid templates
- Out-of-the-box support for RSS feeds overall, by category, or by tag
- Multiple web logs can be hosted by one installed instance
- A lightning-fast admin interface, powered by htmx
The bits are available on [its release page][rel]; happy blogging!