View on GitHub
This library provides idiomatic F# extensions on the outstanding C# RethinkDB driver. It enables a style that requires fewer parentheses and less chaining, and the type signatures help guide the user to write ReQL statements correctly.
How to Get It
RethinkDb.Driver.FSharp package is available on NuGet; either install it via the command-line, or the graphical interface of your IDE of choice.
How to Use It
- Most functionality is exposed via
open RethinkDb.Driver.FSharp; exceptions are detailed below.
- The C# driver is a port of the official Java driver, which has excellent ReQL API documentation; those pages also have details about the parameters and their behavior.
- Many examples will start with
r.as their starting point. The C# driver exposes it as
RethinkDb.Drivernamespace; you can make your own
rwith the line
let r = RethinkDb.Driver.RethinkDB.R.
Connecting to RethinkDB
The driver contains configuration parsing logic that makes configuration a one-line statement.
- Ensure you are familiar with RethinkDB concepts
- The driver provides two different methods for querying data:
How to Improve It
The best way to improve is to use it; there really is no substitute for multiple eyes trying all their unique needs and finding where the rough edges are. Once you find those edges, tell us about it. Any lack of completeness is due to oversight; if the C# driver supports it, this driver can too.